Availability & Rates for 2022
Most all guided fishing trips are booked in advance (some a year or more) and secured with a deposit. If for a group outing where other guides are brought on to help out, deposits for each guide/boat are required.
Spring steelhead, fall salmon, fall steelhead and early summer streamer/dry fly trout fishing dates are the most sought-after and open dates fill fast. As a result, these are booked well in advance, 4-6 months out is more common than not. The daily rate is for up to two anglers per boat, however 3 person trips are not uncommon, but time of year, species of fish and equipment of choice often dictates 3 person trips. There is an additional charge for a third angler.
For more than 3 anglers, multiple boat outings are common and I enlist the services of other full time guides that I’ve done trips for and with, over the past 2+ decades. Following confirmation of your date(s) and requested number of guides, the appropriate deposit is sent in and once received, your date(s) are secured.
A full day is 8+ hours on the water, a half day is 4+ hours on the water.
PLEASE BE SURE AND CONFIRM AVAILABLE DATES WITH Jeff BY PHONE OR EMAIL
Cell: (616) 560-3195 email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide Services Rates
Full Day – $550 (1 or 2 anglers. 3rd person can be added for $100)
Half Day – $375 (1 or 2 anglers. 3rd person can be added for $50)
Please be sure and secure dates with me first.
You can also elect to make a deposit for your trip below. Please be sure and secure dates with me first.
MAKE A DEPOSIT You will be asked to describe this deposit in the next step.
If you prefer, you can mail me payment to the address listed below. Please make checks out to either “Jeff Bacon” -or- “On The Fly Guide Service”
5388 E. Heathwood Dr. S.E.
What is included:
- U. S. C. G. Master Captain Jeff Bacon as your guide. (For multiple boat trips, other very qualified guides will be secured for their services.)
- Fishing from the comfort of a 15′ Stealthcraft drift boat or 18′ Stealthcraft jet sled, when not wade fishing
- Personal instruction and use to top quality equipment – feel free to bring any preferred/appropriate rod and reel.
- Use of top quality fly fishing and light spin tackle equipment and soft beverages.
- Grilled lunch included on full day trips.
- All necessary tackle, line, tippet, terminal tackle & flies/lures.
What is not included:
- Appropriate clothing for time of year and time of day you will be fishing. Click: Weather for present conditions and W. MI forecast, pack accordingly.
- Protective eyewear of some kind. Polarized sunglasses beneficial most of the time, but some form of eye protection is required.
- Gratuity – A gratuity (tip) is a tradition in the guided fishing/fly fishing world. Should you decide to “tip” your guide, do so based on effort and level of service, much like a restaurant. A gratuity is for good service, effort and attention to details, not simply numbers of fish.
- Camera, “billed” style hat and polarized sunglasses. Due to the nature of such fishing with flies being cast in the air, protective eyewear HIGHLY recommended.
- Valid Michigan fishing license – March 31 annual expiration date. Under 17 years of age, no license required. To purchase: www.mdnr-elicense.com/welcome.asp
Reservations, Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
A $200/day deposit is required to hold your reservation. It can be processed with a credit card through PayPal on this website, by Venmo or sending a check to me by U.S. mail.
Venmo ID – @jeff-bacon-16
Full payment of both individual trips and groups outings with credit card subject to a 3% processing fee, which is added to the total amount processed. Checks can be made out to either “Jeff Bacon” -or- “On The Fly Guide Service”. Outstanding balance paid at the end of days fishing by cash, check or pre-determined electronic method.
Our cancellation policy is that you can cancel your reservation MORE than 30 days out from your scheduled outing, without penalty.
If you cancel within 30 days, your deposit can be applied to a re-scheduled trip within a year of your reserved date.
If you cancel within 7 days of your reservation, your deposit is forfeited.
If one cancels within 3 days of the morning of your scheduled outing, full payment is expected.
Deposits are only transferrable due to extreme weather conditions where safety is an issue. These may include road closing blizzards or dangerous travel in the winter, river closing floods in the spring and extreme storms of summer with recorded and forecasted lightning.
I try to be fair and reasonable with unusual situations or circumstances beyond what Mother Nature provides.
We fish rain or shine, fish don’t know….they’re already wet!